Productivity is the combination of intelligent planning and focused efforts. Staying productive at work or at home can be a challenge. Every time the work day ends, odds are that you are not satisfied with what you have accomplished. Productivity can be continuously improved. Here are 10 quick tips to help you boost your productivity.
- Use your commute time. We spend several hours each day commuting to and from work. Use that time to listen to fantastic books on audio, excellent podcasts and valuable learning programs. Remember, the fastest way to double your income is to triple your rate of learning.
- Stop waiting for perfect conditions to launch a great project. Immediate action fuels a positive feedback loop that drives even more action.
- Remember that big, brave goals release energy. So set them clearly and then revisit them every morning for 5 minutes.
- Mess creates stress. So clean out the clutter in your office to get more done.
- Get up at 5 am. Win the battle of the bed. Put mind over mattress. This habit alone will strengthen your willpower so it serves you more dutifully in the key areas of your life.
- Don’t do so many meetings.
- Don’t say yes to every request. Most of us have a deep need to be liked. That translates into us saying yes to everything – which is the end of your elite productivity.
- Get fit. Getting to your absolute best physical condition will create explosive energy, renew your focus and multiply your creativity.
- Drink more water. When you’re dehydrated, you’ll have far less energy. And get less done.
- Work in 90 minute blocks with 10 minute intervals to recover and refuel.
- Write a Stop Doing List. Every productive person obsessively sets To Do Lists. But those who play at world-class also record what they commit to stop doing. Steve Jobs said that what made Apple Apple was not so much what they chose to build but all the projects they chose to ignore.